Currently viewing the tag: "Students"
Using students to help refine a marketing plan to communicate technology to all stakeholders
By rjhowe On November 23, 2022 ·
In 2021, a small project was conducted to find out how students wanted to be communicated with (were there any tips and tricks that we were not already using?). The final list provided a few new ideas and have led to a broader discussion within Library and Learning Services about the way in which we communicate to all our stakeholders:
- Chalk boards in walkways (being used by Waterside Campus restaurant in walkways)
- Paper handouts on tables (used sometimes in food areas)
- Rollup banner
- Digital screens
- Social Media (noted that F/book popularity decreasing) but Instagram could be useful
- MyNorthampton / local app – it was asked if can it do notifications?
- NILE / VLE homepage
The group noted that we should use more of:
- Targeted messages (perhaps by subject area)
- Put up main survey results on screen and what we are doing about them
- Have a competition which encourages user generated content
- Short tips
- Quick videos (under 3 mins….ideally much less)
They suggested that messages could use:
- Capital letters
- Note when services are FREE
- Bold text
- Text which is short and focused
- Text which quickly highlights the benefits and opportunities of the message
It was noted that senders should be cautious of jokes / cartoons – the message needs to apply to all and not offend audiences.
Tagged with: Marketing • Students • UON Case Study
- Of Sound Mind Exhibition 2023.
- Blackboard Upgrade – May 2023
- Sunshine and Showers – 12th May 2023
- Blackboard Upgrade – April 2023
- The computers are taking over?
- H5P (HTML5 Package) Interactive Learning Resources are enjoyed by the students of Dr Mosavar Farahani, PhD, FHEA, Fellow of IBMS, Senior Lecturer in Haematology, Faculty of Arts, Science and Technology
- Generative AI – Exploring the Potential Impact on Education and Creativity
- AI-generated images in celebration of International Women’s Day
- Blackboard Upgrade – March 2023
- 3D printing and scanning workshop opens new possibilities for Hair and Makeup students.
TagsABL Practitioner Stories Academic Skills Accessibility Active Blended Learning (ABL) ADE Assessment Design Assessment Tools Blackboard Blackboard Learn Blackboard Upgrade Blended Learning Blogs CAIeRO Collaborate Collaborate Ultra Collaboration Distance Learning Feedback FHES Flipped Classroom Flipped Learning iNorthampton iPad Kaltura Learner Experience MALT Mobile Newsletter NILE NILE Ultra Outside the box Panopto Presentations Quality Reflection SHED Submitting and Grading Electronically (SaGE) Turnitin Ultra Ultra Upgrade Update Updates Video Waterside Xerte