Teaching and supporting a digital future: UoN Showcase – 4th February 2022
This event (co-ordinated by: Helen Caldwell, Emma Whewell, Cristina Devecchi and Rob Howe) was a chance for all those involved in teaching, learning, research or support of any digital activity to come together virtually to share experiences. All of the sessions were recorded and the individual blog links may be found below:
Helen Caldwell with news of the launch of the Centre for Active Digital Education (ADE)
Alison Power – Demystifying the Digital World: supporting midwifery students to develop digital competence and confidence
Rob Lambert – 3D Gamified training simulation tool for the National Fire Chiefs Council
Alastair Snook – UK primary school teacher perceptions of educational technology within professional practice: issues and opportunities
Emma Whewell and Helen Caldwell – Changemakers as digital makers: Connecting and co-creating
Tom Briggs – Almost Every Museum Has Had Digital Resources for Years So Why Did They Struggle So Much When the Pandemic Hit?
Kardi Somerfield – Live client project: Building and promoting a Virtual Reality experience for the Campus Security/Police as part of Safer Nights Out Campaign.
Simon Wragg – Observations on online games in supporting student learning and student experience
Wray Irwin – Changemaker Support (highlighting how the team supports staff and students’ digital employability)
Cristina Devecchi – Plenary and wrap up
- The computers are taking over?
- H5P (HTML5 Package) Interactive Learning Resources are enjoyed by the students of Dr Mosavar Farahani, PhD, FHEA, Fellow of IBMS, Senior Lecturer in Haematology, Faculty of Arts, Science and Technology
- Generative AI – Exploring the Potential Impact on Education and Creativity
- AI-generated images in celebration of International Women’s Day
- Blackboard Upgrade – March 2023
- 3D printing and scanning workshop opens new possibilities for Hair and Makeup students.
- New Opportunities to Influence the Development of Blackboard Ultra Courses
- Blackboard Upgrade – February 2023
- The computers are taking over…? Debate!! (15th March, 12:30 to 13:30 – onsite and online)
- Clinical Simulation at UON
TagsABL Practitioner Stories Academic Skills Accessibility Active Blended Learning (ABL) ADE Assessment Design Assessment Tools Blackboard Blackboard Learn Blackboard Upgrade Blended Learning Blogs CAIeRO Collaborate Collaborate Ultra Collaboration Distance Learning Feedback FHES Flipped Classroom Flipped Learning iNorthampton iPad Kaltura Learner Experience MALT Mobile Newsletter NILE NILE Ultra Outside the box Panopto Presentations Quality Reflection SHED Submitting and Grading Electronically (SaGE) Turnitin Ultra Ultra Upgrade Update Updates Video Waterside Xerte