This post brings together some of the useful updates from the team which have been posted in the past few months.
NILE Quality Standards – What should be included in every NILE site
What is the new NILE homepage for staff
What is the new NILE homepage for students
Find out about the exciting move to Blackboard Ultra
Changes to the Blackboard Assignment Tool
Creating Accessible content
How to meet the accessibility regulations in NILE
Checking how accessible your content is within NILE
Improving your knowledge of creating accessible online content. During this one-hour essentials course, you will learn easy and practical steps to ensure your online content – documents, attachments, files, videos, animations and web copy – is accessible to anyone who needs it.
- To view dates and register for this training, please visit HR Self Service > navigate to the Course Catalogue > search for Creating Accessible Online Content.
- If you need help using the Staff Development function in U4BW please see the short user guide.
Creating innovative content / academic updates
Using Xerte to make interactive e-tivities for the new IPE curriculum
Training and Support
The Learning Technology Support site
Find out who your Learning Technologists is
What training opportunities are currently being offered (including creating video, Xerte, Turnitin, Padlet and NILE tools)?
See the full range of courses available through C@N-DO (including Storyboarding your module, CAIeRO for Individuals, and Exploring Feedback). For more support on these areas and moving towards semesterisation then email firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you making full use of the excellent resources on LinkedIN for Learning? This is available for all staff and registered students.
Information on all courses offered through the staff development NILE site
- Blackboard Upgrade – February 2023
- The computers are taking over…? Debate!! (15th March, 12:30 to 13:30 – onsite and online)
- Clinical Simulation at UON
- Ultra Focus Group with Blackboard: Using Groups in Ultra Courses
- Extended Reality at UON
- Blackboard Upgrade – January 2023
- Blackboard Upgrade – December 2022
- Using students to help refine a marketing plan to communicate technology to all stakeholders
- Important Update for MyPAD Users: Automatic archiving of inactive MyPAD blogs and websites
- Blackboard Upgrade – November 2022
TagsABL Practitioner Stories Academic Skills Accessibility Active Blended Learning (ABL) ADE Assessment Design Assessment Tools Blackboard Blackboard Learn Blackboard Upgrade Blended Learning Blogs CAIeRO Collaborate Collaborate Ultra Collaboration Distance Learning Feedback FHES Flipped Classroom Flipped Learning iNorthampton iPad Kaltura Learner Experience MALT Mobile Newsletter NILE NILE Ultra Outside the box Panopto Presentations Quality Reflection SHED Submitting and Grading Electronically (SaGE) Turnitin Ultra Ultra Upgrade Update Updates Video Waterside Xerte