All Northampton material must be accessible to everyone who needs it. If it isn’t, the content owner / University may be in breach of the Equality Act 2010 (see Appendix A) and the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This means we start thinking about how users might access and use content and systems before we design or build anything.
Accessibility isn’t the responsibility of just one person. Everyone involved is responsible for making sure the service is accessible. Training is available to all staff to ensure they are able to recognise their responsibilities and create accessible content.
- If you have material on NILE then make use of Ally to help you improve the accessibility of content.
- If you produce any material which is viewed on the web then please follow the University guidance which is under the brand element of the MIR pages.
- If you are just starting with producing web based content then attend the training on creating accessible online content (Full details below):
Improving your knowledge of creating accessible online content.
During this one-hour essentials course, you will learn easy and practical steps to ensure your online content – documents, attachments, files, videos, animations and web copy – is accessible to anyone who needs it.
- Using students to help refine a marketing plan to communicate technology to all stakeholders
- Important Update for MyPAD Users: Automatic archiving of inactive MyPAD blogs and websites
- Blackboard Upgrade – November 2022
- What new features do you want to see in your Ultra courses? Survey responses and feedback
- Blackboard Upgrade – October 2022
- Keeping University of Northampton apprentices safe
- Learntech @ UON 15th birthday (1/9/22)
- Blackboard Upgrade – September 2022
- Learntech Summer News and Updates 2022
- H5P: tutor-friendly tools within NILE for creating engaging and impactful content.
TagsABL Practitioner Stories Academic Skills Accessibility Active Blended Learning (ABL) Active Learning ADE Assessment Design Assessment Tools Blackboard Blackboard Learn Blackboard Upgrade Blended Learning Blogs CAIeRO Collaborate Collaborate Ultra Collaboration Distance Learning Feedback FHES Flipped Classroom Flipped Learning iNorthampton iPad Kaltura Learner Experience MALT Mobile Newsletter NILE Outside the box Panopto Presentations Quality Reflection SHED Submitting and Grading Electronically (SaGE) Turnitin Ultra Ultra Upgrade Update Updates Video Waterside Xerte