All Northampton material must be accessible to everyone who needs it. If it isn’t, the content owner / University may be in breach of the Equality Act 2010 (see Appendix A) and the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This means we start thinking about how users might access and use content and systems before we design or build anything.
Accessibility isn’t the responsibility of just one person. Everyone involved is responsible for making sure the service is accessible. Training is available to all staff to ensure they are able to recognise their responsibilities and create accessible content.
- If you have material on NILE then make use of Ally to help you improve the accessibility of content.
- If you produce any material which is viewed on the web then please follow the University guidance which is under the brand element of the MIR pages.
- If you are just starting with producing web based content then attend the training on creating accessible online content (Full details below):
Improving your knowledge of creating accessible online content.
During this one-hour essentials course, you will learn easy and practical steps to ensure your online content – documents, attachments, files, videos, animations and web copy – is accessible to anyone who needs it.
- To view dates and register for this training, please visit HR Self Service > navigate to the Course Catalogue > search for Creating Accessible Online Content.
- If you need help using the Staff Development function in U4BW please see the short user guide.
- The computers are taking over?
- H5P (HTML5 Package) Interactive Learning Resources are enjoyed by the students of Dr Mosavar Farahani, PhD, FHEA, Fellow of IBMS, Senior Lecturer in Haematology, Faculty of Arts, Science and Technology
- Generative AI – Exploring the Potential Impact on Education and Creativity
- AI-generated images in celebration of International Women’s Day
- Blackboard Upgrade – March 2023
- 3D printing and scanning workshop opens new possibilities for Hair and Makeup students.
- New Opportunities to Influence the Development of Blackboard Ultra Courses
- Blackboard Upgrade – February 2023
- The computers are taking over…? Debate!! (15th March, 12:30 to 13:30 – onsite and online)
- Clinical Simulation at UON
TagsABL Practitioner Stories Academic Skills Accessibility Active Blended Learning (ABL) ADE Assessment Design Assessment Tools Blackboard Blackboard Learn Blackboard Upgrade Blended Learning Blogs CAIeRO Collaborate Collaborate Ultra Collaboration Distance Learning Feedback FHES Flipped Classroom Flipped Learning iNorthampton iPad Kaltura Learner Experience MALT Mobile Newsletter NILE NILE Ultra Outside the box Panopto Presentations Quality Reflection SHED Submitting and Grading Electronically (SaGE) Turnitin Ultra Ultra Upgrade Update Updates Video Waterside Xerte