At the start of July MyPad will be updated. If you’re a user, staff or student, with a blog (or blogs), please read how this may effect you and what action is needed.
To begin, it’s important to stress no content will be lost during these changes. It may, however, look a little different; here’s why…
Out with the old
A theme controls the look of your website (the colours on the page, the position of elements, the fonts used, etc). Around 50 of the oldest themes in MyPad are set to be retired.
This is happening because these themes are out-of-date and not suitable for all computers. For instance, use on mobile devices is now an important consideration, which these older themes don’t support.
This will affect many users, but not everyone. To see if your theme is amongst those marked for deletion, please check the full list below.
Blue Zinfandel Enhanced
Cellar Heat Dark
Cordobo Green Park
Daisy Rae Gemini
Digg 3 Columns
Edublogs Premium Homepage
Strange Little Town
White as Milk
WordPress II Silver
Know your theme
To know which theme you’re using:
- Login to MyPad
- Go to your dashboard
- Look in the ‘this blog’ box (top left)
- The theme in use is listed
How to change
If your theme is one marked for deletion, you’ll need to change it.
To do so, in the left-hand menu choose:
- Appearance > themes
All the themes listed are usable, so pick one you like the look of (those marked for retirement are hidden from view).
If you’d like to see all the new themes in more details, have a browse of the gallery.
To activate, hover over the thumbnail and click activate.
The deadline to make this change is 7th July. If you haven’t changed by then your current theme will be deactivated and will be changed to the new default – Twenty Fifteen.
No content will be lost, but your blog or website will look different as a result. You’ll simply need to login again and rearrange the display.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email LearnTech for advice.
- The computers are taking over?
- H5P (HTML5 Package) Interactive Learning Resources are enjoyed by the students of Dr Mosavar Farahani, PhD, FHEA, Fellow of IBMS, Senior Lecturer in Haematology, Faculty of Arts, Science and Technology
- Generative AI – Exploring the Potential Impact on Education and Creativity
- AI-generated images in celebration of International Women’s Day
- Blackboard Upgrade – March 2023
- 3D printing and scanning workshop opens new possibilities for Hair and Makeup students.
- New Opportunities to Influence the Development of Blackboard Ultra Courses
- Blackboard Upgrade – February 2023
- The computers are taking over…? Debate!! (15th March, 12:30 to 13:30 – onsite and online)
- Clinical Simulation at UON
TagsABL Practitioner Stories Academic Skills Accessibility Active Blended Learning (ABL) ADE Assessment Design Assessment Tools Blackboard Blackboard Learn Blackboard Upgrade Blended Learning Blogs CAIeRO Collaborate Collaborate Ultra Collaboration Distance Learning Feedback FHES Flipped Classroom Flipped Learning iNorthampton iPad Kaltura Learner Experience MALT Mobile Newsletter NILE NILE Ultra Outside the box Panopto Presentations Quality Reflection SHED Submitting and Grading Electronically (SaGE) Turnitin Ultra Ultra Upgrade Update Updates Video Waterside Xerte