Claire Massie, a Careers and Employability Officer at the University of Northampton, creates online video tutorial guides for students having been trained on how to produce video demonstrations by Anne Misselbrook, the E-Learning/Multimedia Resources Developer.

What seemed to be unachievable for Claire, became achievable.

A screenshot of the video tutorial on how to use the Student Futures portal IT system.

Anne receives complimentary feedback from Claire who sent an email to Rob Howe, Head of Learning Technology at the University. Here’s an extract of that feedback.

“I just wanted to say a massive thank you to Anne Misselbrook for what she has done for me over the past couple of months. She has leapt in quickly to provide one-to-one (bespoke) training for both H5P and video editing. She has been instrumental in getting me up to speed with tech that I previously knew nothing about, which in turn has enabled me to participate in two very interesting projects going on in Student Futures to put things in place for students at the start of the new academic year.

I have to say how much I enjoyed her delivery, how kind she was whilst I was practising, and how fantastic her post-delivery resources were.” Claire Massie

Claire was introduced to Anne by Lisa Anderson the Library Services Manager.

Lisa Anderson
Lisa Anderson

Lisa had previously attended virtual training sessions with Anne on how to record and edit video using tools available and H5P (HTML5 package), a University supported software application used to create interactive content.

Lisa says:

“The tools we have at UON are great for the job of interactive content and video creation, and it’s helpful to have someone like Anne to get you started and encourage you along the way. We’ve created many instructional videos now thanks to these sessions, and have now started creating interactive content too.”

Online Library Quest is available now for students.

Home Library Quest

Welcome new students – a new student page with video content

Welcome new students

Training

Many staff have attended virtual training with Anne to upskill themselves on how to produce video content using tools available and create interactive online content using the software applications H5P and Xerte.

Students can benefit from active online resources as they interact with the content.

Staff can book onto a virtual training session to learn how to use tools by using the LibCal online staff development booking system.

Book a place