The new features in Blackboard’s August upgrade will be available from the morning of Friday 4th August. This month’s upgrade includes the following new features to Ultra courses:
- Ability for staff to add images to learning modules
- New location for Ultra groups
- Improvements to messages tool
Ability for staff to add images to learning modules
Following feedback from staff about the need to make Ultra courses more visually engaging, the August upgrade will allow staff to add images to learning modules.
• Blackboard Ultra course with images added to learning modules.
For more information about customising the appearance of learning modules, please see: Blackboard Help – Create Learning Modules, Customise your learning module’s appearance
New location for Ultra groups
After the August upgrade, the groups tool in Ultra courses will move from the Details & Actions menu to the top menu.
• Ultra courses with new Ultra groups location highlighted
For more information about creating and managing groups, and about group spaces in Ultra courses, please see: Blackboard Help – Groups
Improvements to messages tool
Prior to the August upgrade, although courses which contained unread messages were flagged, they were not sorted to the top of the list in the messages page. Following feedback from staff and students, courses with unread messages will now be automatically placed at the top of the list.
• Messages page with courses with unread messages sorted to the top of the list.
As ever, please get in touch with your learning technologist if you would like any more information about the new features available in this month’s upgrade: https://libguides.northampton.ac.uk/learntech/staff/nile-help/who-is-my-learning-technologist
- First Thoughts on AI Design Assistant
- Blackboard Upgrade – December 2023: AI Design Assistant, AI Image Generator, and Unsplash Image Library
- H5P software trial of the feature ‘Smart Import’ using AI technology
- Testing the AI detectors Part 2
- Blackboard Upgrade – November 2023
- Kardi Somerfield’s Vision Fuses Education and Creativity in Immersive Northampton Artwork
- Student Insights on AI: A Detailed Report
- Blackboard Upgrade – October 2023
- Testing the AI detectors
- Blackboard Upgrade – September 2023
TagsABL Practitioner Stories Academic Skills Accessibility Active Blended Learning (ABL) ADE Assessment Design Assessment Tools Blackboard Blackboard Learn Blackboard Upgrade Blended Learning Blogs CAIeRO Collaborate Collaborate Ultra Collaboration Distance Learning Feedback FHES Flipped Classroom Flipped Learning iNorthampton iPad Kaltura Learner Experience MALT Mobile Newsletter NILE NILE Ultra Outside the box Panopto Presentations Quality Reflection SHED Submitting and Grading Electronically (SaGE) Turnitin Ultra Ultra Upgrade Update Updates Video Waterside Xerte