Since last summer Learning Technology has been hard at work to improve the online help we provide to staff and students who use NILE. The simple A-Z list of software provided, while helpful for some, wasn’t offering the best level of support.
Therefore, last September we launched NILE FAQs as a search-based solution to everyday problems. Trouble with grade centre? Simply type into the search box and we’ll present back all the most common questions we’re asked – along with, of course, the solution.
Now, to build on this, we’re pleased to release NILE Guides.
We’re aware searching for help is useful – if you know what the software does. But what if you only know what you want to do, and haven’t a clue which software is best suited for the job?
So we set about creating a new approach to guide you through NILE.
Start with what you want to do in mind (the task) and we’ll guide you – via a series of light-touch prompts – to the best tool for the job with three broad topics to choose from:
Within each, we’ve developed likely scenarios and provide recommended tools and workflows for each.
Where the software is used in the ‘regular’ way, we’ve linked directly to the supplier’s own help website. This way we can ensure you’re always provided with accurate and up-to-date guidance – provided the link doesn’t change!
Where the software is tailored for University, School or team workflows, we’ve provided our own set of guides to accompany the suppliers, to add further context.
NILE Guide is still in development and currently only available for staff. We’d like you to give it a try and provide feedback. A student section is being prepared and due for release later in the year.
- Using students to help refine a marketing plan to communicate technology to all stakeholders
- Important Update for MyPAD Users: Automatic archiving of inactive MyPAD blogs and websites
- Blackboard Upgrade – November 2022
- What new features do you want to see in your Ultra courses? Survey responses and feedback
- Blackboard Upgrade – October 2022
- Keeping University of Northampton apprentices safe
- Learntech @ UON 15th birthday (1/9/22)
- Blackboard Upgrade – September 2022
- Learntech Summer News and Updates 2022
- H5P: tutor-friendly tools within NILE for creating engaging and impactful content.
TagsABL Practitioner Stories Academic Skills Accessibility Active Blended Learning (ABL) Active Learning ADE Assessment Design Assessment Tools Blackboard Blackboard Learn Blackboard Upgrade Blended Learning Blogs CAIeRO Collaborate Collaborate Ultra Collaboration Distance Learning Feedback FHES Flipped Classroom Flipped Learning iNorthampton iPad Kaltura Learner Experience MALT Mobile Newsletter NILE Outside the box Panopto Presentations Quality Reflection SHED Submitting and Grading Electronically (SaGE) Turnitin Ultra Ultra Upgrade Update Updates Video Waterside Xerte