Case Study

Karen Brasher

Karen Brasher, a Lecturer in the School of Health, praises the Xerte software tool which can be used to create online content.

“I undertook a one-to-one session with Anne on how to use Xerte, with a view to making an on-line workbook.  However, the training coupled with the comprehensive user guide, enabled me to explore a variety of ways to make my module resources accessible.

I have been using Xerte to produce materials for 2 of my modules.  Xerte has enabled me to provide factual information in advance of taught sessions in a variety of different ways, including interactive activities, video clips and games.  The resources I have produced are such that they can also be used as  revision tools by the students.

Xerte

Xerte has meant that I can build on the work that the students have completed independently, and focus more on application and problem-solving in workshops.  I have also devised a taster session and worked again with Anne on how to link this to the Foundation Degree in Health and Social Care website.  The aim of the Xerte session produced is to give potential applicants an idea of the content and how we teach on the Foundation degree.  It also provides an overview of some of the careers that someone with a Health and Social Care degree can do.  I have thoroughly enjoyed using Xerte and have found it a very straightforward tool to use.  I have felt supported by Anne, who has answered all my queries and as a result my Xerte journey has yielded some very professional looking results”.

This article is provided with thanks from Karen Brasher.

A quick Xerte guide is available here.

If you would like to book a place on a Xerte training session please contact Anne Misselbrook directly by email.  Email:  anne.misselbrook@northampton.ac.uk