The University has licensed the Jisc Discovery tool which allows staff and students to complete a simple set of questions around digital literacy and be directed to useful resources depending on the answers provided.
In addition to the basic option to “Explore your overall digital capabilities” (which is applicable for all staff and students) – a new option has just been released “Effective online teaching”. This allows you to explore your digital capabilities for online teaching.
After completing the report you will be given a quick summary based on your answers along with further links to assist in your development.
In order to access the tool please follow these steps:
1. Log in at https://jisc.potential.ly/ with these details:
2. Put the Organisation as ‘University of Northampton
3. Login with your normal staff or student account.
4. If this is the first time you have logged in then just complete the registration information.
5. From the home page on the left click onto “Effective online teaching”
Your Learning Technologist will be happy to discuss the report in more detail and assist in any technical development using our tools.
- NILE is Changing! Blackboard Ultra is Coming!
- Student reflections on Hyflex
- Christine Collymore reflects on Hyflex
- Sally Sun reflects on Hyflex
- Does anyone watch my videos?
- Online icebreakers
- Padlet – accessibility guidance
- Guidance for socially distanced delivery 2020
- Are you ready to teach online?
- Learntech extends NILE help for new students
TagsABL Practitioner Stories Academic Skills Accessibility Active Blended Learning (ABL) Active Learning Apps Assessment Design Assessment Tools Blackboard Blended Learning Blogs CAIeRO Collaborate Collaboration Demystifying the CAIeRO Distance Learning Feedback Flipcam Flipped Classroom Flipped Learning GradeMark iNorthampton iPad Kaltura Learner Experience MALT Mobile Newsletter NILE Open Educational Resources (OERs) Outside the box Panopto Podcast Powerpoint Presentations Quality Reflection Rubrics SHED Submitting and Grading Electronically (SaGE) Turnitin Video Waterside Wikis Xerte