From Weds 5th Feb, the Kaltura Mashup for Blackboard is going to change by the smallest amount. Almost every single part of it will remain utterly unchanged except the Select button will now be labelled Embed.
That’s it. Nothing else will change.
This means when students submit video for assessment they use the same set of steps they’ve always done. Nothing will change except the name of the button. If any student is unsure, the FAQ guide has been edited to reflect the new button name. The process for submitting video for assessment remains the same.
The process for staff embedding video in their Blackboard modules also remains 99% unchanged, it is only the name of the button which has changed.
The reason the button name is now Embed is because behind the scenes the Mashup tool is preparing for new and exciting features which I’ll post on when they’re ready to be unleashed.
For now, this is the end of the momentous news that the Select button in the Kaltura Mashup is now called Embed.
- Captions. Who are they good for? Absolutely everyone.
- Embedding video in NILE will now be 1% different.
- MediaSpace December 2019 Update
- Facilitating Online Debates with Discussion Boards – Kardi Somerfield.
- Student Technology drop in sessions
- NILE update (28 December till 29 December)
- Teaching students to write about art: Results of a four-year patchwork text project.
- Minor update to MediaSpace.
- New term and new features for Collaborate Ultra
- 5 simple ways to make content accessible for your students
TagsABL Practitioner Stories Academic Skills Accessibility Active Blended Learning (ABL) Active Learning Apps Assessment Design Assessment Tools Blended Learning Blogs CAIeRO Changemaker Collaboration Demystifying the CAIeRO Distance Learning Feedback Flipcam Flipped Classroom Flipped Learning GradeMark iNorthampton iPad Kaltura Learner Experience MALT Mobile MyPAD Newsletter NILE Open Educational Resources (OERs) Outside the box Panopto Podcast Powerpoint Presentations Quality Reflection Rubrics SHED Submitting and Grading Electronically (SaGE) Turnitin Video Waterside Wikis Xerte