Nominations for the Edublogs Awards from the University of Northampton:
Best new blog
http://mypad.northampton.ac.uk/iodim/ Images of Disability (Kyffin Jones).
New Blog created in November 2013 for Undergraduate module examining perceptions of disability. Students were asked to source images of disability portrayed in the Media and add as a post, then use the Class Blog to support discussion. This became even more meaningful when Dominic Hyams, whose YouTube video ‘Crip on a Trip’ was posted on the Blog, was invited in to meet the class, to discuss and challenge their own perceptions.
Best ed tech / resource sharing blog
Teaching ideas for early years and primary (fantastic resources created and shared by trainee teachers).
Best educational use of audio/video/visual/podcast
“Blogging for Students”– A short video by the School of Education. Teaching Students are given their chance to describe how well and how effectively they feel blogging has become a way to record and assess their work.
Best individual blog
One of the Education students (Julian Keith – Researcher in Training) who has carried on blogging since he left the course
- Of Sound Mind Exhibition 2023.
- Blackboard Upgrade – May 2023
- Sunshine and Showers – 12th May 2023
- Blackboard Upgrade – April 2023
- The computers are taking over?
- H5P (HTML5 Package) Interactive Learning Resources are enjoyed by the students of Dr Mosavar Farahani, PhD, FHEA, Fellow of IBMS, Senior Lecturer in Haematology, Faculty of Arts, Science and Technology
- Generative AI – Exploring the Potential Impact on Education and Creativity
- AI-generated images in celebration of International Women’s Day
- Blackboard Upgrade – March 2023
- 3D printing and scanning workshop opens new possibilities for Hair and Makeup students.
TagsABL Practitioner Stories Academic Skills Accessibility Active Blended Learning (ABL) ADE Assessment Design Assessment Tools Blackboard Blackboard Learn Blackboard Upgrade Blended Learning Blogs CAIeRO Collaborate Collaborate Ultra Collaboration Distance Learning Feedback FHES Flipped Classroom Flipped Learning iNorthampton iPad Kaltura Learner Experience MALT Mobile Newsletter NILE NILE Ultra Outside the box Panopto Presentations Quality Reflection SHED Submitting and Grading Electronically (SaGE) Turnitin Ultra Ultra Upgrade Update Updates Video Waterside Xerte