Nominations for the Edublogs Awards from the University of Northampton:
Best new blog
http://mypad.northampton.ac.uk/iodim/ Images of Disability (Kyffin Jones).
New Blog created in November 2013 for Undergraduate module examining perceptions of disability. Students were asked to source images of disability portrayed in the Media and add as a post, then use the Class Blog to support discussion. This became even more meaningful when Dominic Hyams, whose YouTube video ‘Crip on a Trip’ was posted on the Blog, was invited in to meet the class, to discuss and challenge their own perceptions.
Best ed tech / resource sharing blog
Teaching ideas for early years and primary (fantastic resources created and shared by trainee teachers).
Best educational use of audio/video/visual/podcast
“Blogging for Students”– A short video by the School of Education. Teaching Students are given their chance to describe how well and how effectively they feel blogging has become a way to record and assess their work.
Best individual blog
One of the Education students (Julian Keith – Researcher in Training) who has carried on blogging since he left the course
- H5P: tutor-friendly tools within NILE for creating engaging and impactful content.
- Blackboard Upgrade – August 2022
- Blackboard Ultra Review, Summer 2022: Project update; Ultra course awards; what new features do you want to see in your Ultra courses?
- Creating captivating NILE content
- Blackboard Upgrade – July 2022
- Blackboard Upgrade – June 2022
- Blackboard Upgrade – May 2022
- GAMING: Gamification for the Advancement of Multiprofessional/Interprofessional Groupwork
- Blackboard Upgrade – April 2022
- Reconceptualising critical digital literacies in the context of compulsory education Led by: Dr Anastasia Gouseti
TagsABL Practitioner Stories Academic Skills Accessibility Active Blended Learning (ABL) ADE Assessment Design Assessment Tools Blackboard Blackboard Learn Blackboard Upgrade Blended Learning Blogs CAIeRO Collaborate Collaborate Ultra Collaboration Distance Learning Feedback FHES Flipped Classroom Flipped Learning Hyflex iNorthampton iPad Kaltura Learner Experience MALT Mobile Newsletter NILE Outside the box Panopto Presentations Quality Reflection SHED Submitting and Grading Electronically (SaGE) Turnitin Ultra Ultra Upgrade Update Updates Video Waterside Xerte