Nominations for the Edublogs Awards from the University of Northampton:
Best new blog
http://mypad.northampton.ac.uk/iodim/ Images of Disability (Kyffin Jones).
New Blog created in November 2013 for Undergraduate module examining perceptions of disability. Students were asked to source images of disability portrayed in the Media and add as a post, then use the Class Blog to support discussion. This became even more meaningful when Dominic Hyams, whose YouTube video ‘Crip on a Trip’ was posted on the Blog, was invited in to meet the class, to discuss and challenge their own perceptions.
Best ed tech / resource sharing blog
Teaching ideas for early years and primary (fantastic resources created and shared by trainee teachers).
Best educational use of audio/video/visual/podcast
“Blogging for Students”– A short video by the School of Education. Teaching Students are given their chance to describe how well and how effectively they feel blogging has become a way to record and assess their work.
Best individual blog
One of the Education students (Julian Keith – Researcher in Training) who has carried on blogging since he left the course
- NILE / Ultra / LearnTech Training 2022
- Blackboard Upgrade – December 2021
- Blackboard User Experience & Design Research Project
- Blackboard Upgrade – November 2021
- Blackboard Roadmap Webinar: What’s in development with Ultra and Original courses?
- Lecturer Webinar Series: How to Teach with Blackboard Learn Basics
- Getting chatty with the chatbots
- Blackboard Upgrade – October 2021
- Developing Computer Science pedagogy through shared lesson resources – 3rd Nov
- Exploring Gamification of Learning at Northampton – 10th September 2021
TagsABL Practitioner Stories Academic Skills Accessibility Active Blended Learning (ABL) Active Learning Apps Assessment Design Assessment Tools Blackboard Blended Learning Blogs CAIeRO Collaborate Collaborate Ultra Collaboration Demystifying the CAIeRO Distance Learning Feedback Flipcam Flipped Classroom Flipped Learning Hyflex iNorthampton iPad Kaltura Learner Experience MALT Mobile Newsletter NILE Open Educational Resources (OERs) Outside the box Panopto Powerpoint Presentations Quality Reflection Rubrics SHED Submitting and Grading Electronically (SaGE) Turnitin Ultra Video Waterside Xerte