Nominations for the Edublogs Awards from the University of Northampton:
Best new blog
http://mypad.northampton.ac.uk/iodim/ Images of Disability (Kyffin Jones).
New Blog created in November 2013 for Undergraduate module examining perceptions of disability. Students were asked to source images of disability portrayed in the Media and add as a post, then use the Class Blog to support discussion. This became even more meaningful when Dominic Hyams, whose YouTube video ‘Crip on a Trip’ was posted on the Blog, was invited in to meet the class, to discuss and challenge their own perceptions.
Best ed tech / resource sharing blog
Teaching ideas for early years and primary (fantastic resources created and shared by trainee teachers).
Best educational use of audio/video/visual/podcast
“Blogging for Students”– A short video by the School of Education. Teaching Students are given their chance to describe how well and how effectively they feel blogging has become a way to record and assess their work.
Best individual blog
One of the Education students (Julian Keith – Researcher in Training) who has carried on blogging since he left the course
- UON gains early access to Collaborate Gallery View for students
- Make NILE more accessible this May 20th.
- NILE Design Standards 2021/22
- Blackboard Collaborate introduces the new Gallery view
- Student Guidance on finding the emergency virtual rooms that staff are using during March 2021
- Staff guidance on setting up a temporary open Collaborate link
- Reflecting on the development of an introduction to NILE for new students
- How long does it take to build an Ultra course?
- Update to Kaltura Video Storage and Archiving
- Ultra courses for Foundation and Level 4 modules now available
TagsABL Practitioner Stories Academic Skills Accessibility Active Blended Learning (ABL) Active Learning Apps Assessment Design Assessment Tools Blackboard Blended Learning Blogs CAIeRO Collaborate Collaborate Ultra Collaboration Demystifying the CAIeRO Distance Learning Feedback Flipcam Flipped Classroom Flipped Learning GradeMark Hyflex iNorthampton iPad Kaltura Learner Experience MALT Mobile Newsletter NILE Open Educational Resources (OERs) Outside the box Panopto Powerpoint Presentations Quality Reflection Rubrics SHED Submitting and Grading Electronically (SaGE) Turnitin Video Waterside Xerte