Julie Usher, Adel Gordon, Kardi Somerfield and Rob Howe attended the Blackboard Learning and Teaching Conference in Leeds (11-13 April 2011) and managed a hat trick of presentations along with Julie coordinating the first informal meeting of the Learning Objects Usergroup.
Twitter was actively used during the three days and you can review the stream of conversations.
The Northampton presentations covered:
Putting the TIGER into the Blackboard tank (Rob Howe) – a review of how the TIGER project is putting Open Educational Resources into the Blackboard environment.
Sticky Content: Creating Blackboard sites that keep students coming back for more (Kardi Somerfield and Rob Howe) – a report of Kardi’s URB@N project on creating engaging NILE modules and how this is influencing Northampton’s strategic direction.
Lecture capture using Panopto at The University of Northampton (Adel Gordon and Rob Howe) – a review of the first 9 months of implementing video capture using the Panopto tool.
As normal the networking was invaluable as colleagues from other institutions shared experiences and we were able to talk direct to suppliers. Looking forward to next year’s event in Antwerp !
- Learntech Summer News and Updates 2022
- H5P: tutor-friendly tools within NILE for creating engaging and impactful content.
- Blackboard Upgrade – August 2022
- Blackboard Ultra Review, Summer 2022: Project update; Ultra course awards; what new features do you want to see in your Ultra courses?
- Creating captivating NILE content
- Blackboard Upgrade – July 2022
- Blackboard Upgrade – June 2022
- Blackboard Upgrade – May 2022
- GAMING: Gamification for the Advancement of Multiprofessional/Interprofessional Groupwork
- Blackboard Upgrade – April 2022
TagsABL Practitioner Stories Academic Skills Accessibility Active Blended Learning (ABL) ADE Assessment Design Assessment Tools Blackboard Blackboard Learn Blackboard Upgrade Blended Learning Blogs CAIeRO Collaborate Collaborate Ultra Collaboration Distance Learning Feedback FHES Flipped Classroom Flipped Learning Hyflex iNorthampton iPad Kaltura Learner Experience MALT Mobile Newsletter NILE Outside the box Panopto Presentations Quality Reflection SHED Submitting and Grading Electronically (SaGE) Turnitin Ultra Ultra Upgrade Update Updates Video Waterside Xerte