Kaltura Essential Maintenance Complete
JULY 5, 2023
Kaltura is now available again, following essential server maintenance that took place between 12:00 BST on Monday the 3rd of July and 12:00 BST on the Wednesday the 5th of July, 2023.
Important changes to be aware of and actions to take
• New location for video.northampton.ac.uk
Students and staff are no longer able to log in to video.northampton.ac.uk to access Kaltura MediaSpace.
The new address is: mymedia.northampton.ac.uk
• Action needed to reconnect the Kaltura Capture recorder
Please note that action is required by all students and staff to relink their Kaltura Capture recorder. See the following FAQ for more information: How do I connect Kaltura Capture to MyMedia?
• Videos temporarily not displaying the correct creation date
Content uploaded to Kaltura prior to 12:00 BST on the 3rd of July will not currently display the correct creation date. However, all content creation dates will be restored in due course.
Content uploaded to Kaltura on or after the 5th of July will display the correct content creation date.
Kaltura – Essential Maintenance Notification – 3rd to 5th July 2023
JUNE 19, 2023
Essential maintenance will be taking place to the Kaltura system between 12:00 BST on Monday the 3rd of July and 12:00 BST on the Wednesday the 5th of July, 2023.
During the maintenance window some aspects of the Kaltura system will be unavailable.
Services not affected:
Kaltura media content embedded in NILE courses and elsewhere will continue to be available and will play as normal. This includes Kaltura videos which have already been submitted by students for assessment.
Services affected for staff
Staff will not be able to upload new content into Kaltura through NILE, at video.northampton.ac.uk, via Kaltura Capture, or when using the KMSGo app. Media previously uploaded into Kaltura will not be able to be embedded into NILE courses and elsewhere.
Services affected for students
Students will not be able to upload new content into Kaltura through NILE, at video.northampton.ac.uk, via Kaltura Capture, or when using the KMSGo app. Media previously uploaded to Kaltura will not be able to be added to assignments as part of the assignment submission process.
- Kaltura content that needs to be available in NILE courses during the maintenance window should be added before 12:00 BST on the 3rd of July.
- Video assignments with submission dates during the maintenance window should be moved to fall after 12:00 BST on the 5th of July.
- First Thoughts on AI Design Assistant
- Blackboard Upgrade – December 2023: AI Design Assistant, AI Image Generator, and Unsplash Image Library
- H5P software trial of the feature ‘Smart Import’ using AI technology
- Testing the AI detectors Part 2
- Blackboard Upgrade – November 2023
- Kardi Somerfield’s Vision Fuses Education and Creativity in Immersive Northampton Artwork
- Student Insights on AI: A Detailed Report
- Blackboard Upgrade – October 2023
- Testing the AI detectors
- Blackboard Upgrade – September 2023
TagsABL Practitioner Stories Academic Skills Accessibility Active Blended Learning (ABL) ADE Assessment Design Assessment Tools Blackboard Blackboard Learn Blackboard Upgrade Blended Learning Blogs CAIeRO Collaborate Collaborate Ultra Collaboration Distance Learning Feedback FHES Flipped Classroom Flipped Learning iNorthampton iPad Kaltura Learner Experience MALT Mobile Newsletter NILE NILE Ultra Outside the box Panopto Presentations Quality Reflection SHED Submitting and Grading Electronically (SaGE) Turnitin Ultra Ultra Upgrade Update Updates Video Waterside Xerte