1) I can’t login to NILE
Please see details on the University Login page
Please first try to reset or generate a new password.
If your password has expired, you will still be able to log in to the user portal to reset this yourself.
If you have forgotten your password, please click on the above link and select ‘Forgot Password’.
If you continue to have log-in problems, please contact IT Services. You will need to have your student number to hand.
Phone: 01604 893333 (Monday to Friday 08:00 – 17:30)
Visit: Grendon Building, Park Campus (Monday to Friday 08:00 – 17:30)
2) I can login to NILE but cannot see my modules
In order to see the modules listed in the site box in NILE:
· You should have completed the enrolment process. Active enrolments are added to NILE every 20 minutes.
· You should be correctly enrolled on the module on the student record system. Contact your Student Administration Team to check enrolment details
· Your tutor needs to have made the module live on NILE.
3) I have modules listed but they are not the correct ones or some of my personal details are incorrect (e.g. name / email address).
Contact your Student Administration Team to check enrolment / personal details.
4) I cannot see my University timetable.
Your timetable should appear 48 hours after you have enrolled. If you have a timetabling query then email Timetabling@northampton.ac.uk
5) I have a problem with my laptop – in what ways can IT assist me?
IT will help you with installation of programs that are supporting your programme of study.
IT Services are more positioned to provide an overview and high level guidance on how to use standard office programmes however IT Services do not offer a formalised training programme to students. Please refer to free training advice and support.
IT Services will assist with any aspect of getting antivirus working on your machine or assistance with removing virus / malware or restoration to factory settings.
6) How and where do I print?
After enrolment it can take up to 24 hours for you to be emailed your University PIN which is required for printing and to access their library account.
- Using your student ID and PIN, you can credit up their student printing accounts at the machines in the library
- From computers in the library, print jobs are sent to all library photocopier printers
- To release a print job or to access a photocopier, it is:
- Student ID number (called PIN on the machines)
- 4 digit University PIN to print (called password on the machines)
7) How do I find out details about my student email and link this to my mobile device
You can get details of your email address by going to the University search4email page and then enter your username and date of birth. Please refer to the guidance provided by Microsoft on linking this email to your mobile device.
8) I have heard that there is a free offer for Microsoft Office
To download Microsoft Office 365 please visit the dedicated Microsoft site and login using your University email address and password.
- Blackboard Upgrade – June 2022
- Blackboard Upgrade – May 2022
- GAMING: Gamification for the Advancement of Multiprofessional/Interprofessional Groupwork
- Blackboard Upgrade – April 2022
- Reconceptualising critical digital literacies in the context of compulsory education Led by: Dr Anastasia Gouseti
- Blackboard Upgrade – March 2022
- Teaching and supporting a digital future: UoN Showcase – 4th February 2022
- Introducing the Centre for Active Digital Education (ADE)
- Changemaker Support (highlighting how the team supports staff and students’ digital employability)
- “It’s just a bit of fun! Really…?” Observations on online games in supporting student learning and student experience
TagsABL Practitioner Stories Academic Skills Accessibility Active Blended Learning (ABL) Active Learning ADE Assessment Design Assessment Tools Blackboard Blackboard Learn Blackboard Upgrade Blended Learning Blogs CAIeRO Collaborate Collaborate Ultra Collaboration Distance Learning Feedback FHES Flipped Classroom Flipped Learning Hyflex iNorthampton iPad Kaltura Learner Experience MALT Mobile Newsletter NILE Outside the box Panopto Presentations Quality Reflection SHED Submitting and Grading Electronically (SaGE) Turnitin Ultra Update Updates Video Waterside Xerte