Clear signposting for learners is really important but getting a consistent style to a site or learning unit can be difficult. Google have released 750 icons as a Creative Commons Attribution (CC-BY) resource that provides a large number of formats and sizes. You can download it from https://github.com/google/material-design-icons/releases – this is a big file though, over 50MB.
Although font format is missing from this package, Sergey Kupletsky has created one that you can use if you prefer that approach (most modern professional web sites use this method nowadays).
The combination of all these formats should mean that it is relatively easy to create websites, learning units and even printed material that follows the same design.
(First published in the Nile External resources site)
- Blackboard Upgrade – February 2023
- The computers are taking over…? Debate!! (15th March, 12:30 to 13:30 – onsite and online)
- Clinical Simulation at UON
- Ultra Focus Group with Blackboard: Using Groups in Ultra Courses
- Extended Reality at UON
- Blackboard Upgrade – January 2023
- Blackboard Upgrade – December 2022
- Using students to help refine a marketing plan to communicate technology to all stakeholders
- Important Update for MyPAD Users: Automatic archiving of inactive MyPAD blogs and websites
- Blackboard Upgrade – November 2022
TagsABL Practitioner Stories Academic Skills Accessibility Active Blended Learning (ABL) ADE Assessment Design Assessment Tools Blackboard Blackboard Learn Blackboard Upgrade Blended Learning Blogs CAIeRO Collaborate Collaborate Ultra Collaboration Distance Learning Feedback FHES Flipped Classroom Flipped Learning iNorthampton iPad Kaltura Learner Experience MALT Mobile Newsletter NILE NILE Ultra Outside the box Panopto Presentations Quality Reflection SHED Submitting and Grading Electronically (SaGE) Turnitin Ultra Ultra Upgrade Update Updates Video Waterside Xerte