A few people have asked how they can use a spell checker within Turnitin GradeMark. Generally if you use Google Chrome as your Internet Browser spelling errors will be underlined with the red zigzagged line under the mispelled word. However, the dictionary on Chrome is US English. Also, there are some versions of Chrome that cause various elements of GradeMark to behave ‘weirdly’ (sorry, that’s the best word I could come up with for it!).
There is a way you can use Firefox to check spelling with a UK English dictionary. This is the browser we recommend that you use for NILE anyway, so it’s probably for the best really. There a few steps involved, but as always the LearnTech team has developed some guidance on how you can get this set up on your PC. Click the link below to open the guide.
Spellchecking and Turnitin(PDF, 904.4 KB)
- Requesting exemptions for 2014/2015 academic year
- Turnitin Failure (28th April) – emergency submission procedures implemented
- SaGE Training sessions between May and August 2014
- Hints and tips for marking online using the SaGE workflow
- Turnitin provide feedback on availability problems on 10/11 December 2013