If you are a module leader, for every module that you lead you MUST:
- Make sure you have a NILE site for each module. If you haven’t or if you have any technical queries, please contact the learning technologist for your School – If you’re not sure who this is have a look at the LearnTech contact page.
- Set up a button for each piece of course work on your module site according to the guidance in the attached sheet. It is very easy and should only take a minute or two
- Set up a submission area (under the button) for each assessment (except exams). You need to set up a site for first sits and resits. This means if there is an exam and 2 pieces of coursework for a module you will need to set up 4 submission areas.
- Most people will get their students to submit via the Turnitin Submission area but there is a second way that it can be done, which is better for group presentations or work with additional submissions and non-text based file formats (e.g. .PPT, .XLS, .ZIP etc). These are not difficult to set up either.
Click these links to open the guidance documentation:
Setting up the button on your NILE site (DOC, 31KB)
Setting up a Turnitin Submission Area (DOC, 18KB)
- Requesting exemptions for 2014/2015 academic year
- Turnitin Failure (28th April) – emergency submission procedures implemented
- SaGE Training sessions between May and August 2014
- Hints and tips for marking online using the SaGE workflow
- Turnitin provide feedback on availability problems on 10/11 December 2013