If you are using Internet Explorer and encounter problems uploading your document or viewing your submissions, we recommend you ensure the following sites are added to the “Trusted Sites” setting:
In Internet Explorer, to add sites to the “Trusted Sites” zone:
- From the Tools menu, select Internet Options.
- Click the Security tab, and then click the Trusted sites icon.
- Click Sites. In the text box beneath “Add this website to the zone:”, type the URL for the site you want to add, and then either press Enter or click Add.
Note: To add sites that begin with http rather than https, uncheck Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone; otherwise, you’ll only be able to add https sites.
- Repeat the previous step until you have added all the sites you wish to add.
- Click Close and then OK to close all dialog boxes.
Finally, Turnitin currently officially supports the following web browsers:
- Firefox 3+, Internet Explorer 7.x & 8.x, Chrome 4+, or Safari 4+ for Windows machines
- Firefox 3+, Chrome 4+, or Safari 4+ for Mac OS machines
If you are not using a supported web browser it is recommended that you either update your existing web browser to the supported version or download the appropriate web browser for your computer.
Contact the Learning Technology team if you need more help.
Please note this bug has now been rectified and no longer exists.
We’ve become aware of an issue affecting the use of blogs and wikis, when the user is working in Internet Explorer version 9, on a Windows 7 operating system. At present users will be unable to save posts or comments if they are using this version of the Internet Explorer web browser.
We are currently working with the software providers to resolve this issue, and will let you know as soon as we have any more information. In the meantime if this issue is affecting you, some of these issues can be resolved by setting IE9 to run in IE8 compatibility mode when using NILE:
Alternatively, you could download and install an alternative browser to use. The Learning Technology team recommend Mozilla Firefox for use with NILE. You can download this for free from the Mozilla website, and it works on both PCs and Macs.
Tag cloudacademic skills accessibility Android Arts assessment blogs browsers CAIeRO collaboration digital voice recorder distance learning e-portfolios eBooks Education feedback Flipcam GradeMark Health induction iNorthampton international iPad learner's experience lecture capture MALT mobile NBS NILE NorthantsBLT OERs Panopto plagiarism Powerpoint presentations Quality reflection SaGE Science & Technology Skype Social Science Sticky sites transition Turnitin video wikis
- No public Twitter messages.